
I'm trying a new site feature, the "How To" section. I last tried this out with mint green pants, in this post, which turned out to be really popular :) My hope is that seeing an outfit laid out like this will make it easier for your to go to your closet and make a cute outfit with pieces you already own.
How To:
- The Basic: I chose a Gap dress. There is a similar dress here, with all sizes available. Because the basic that I chose is striped, anything else that is going to be layered over it is going to be a solid color. There's a definite art to mixing patterns - like mixing stripes and polka dots, etc., but for now, we'll keep it simple.
- Cargo Utility Vest: it may not be the first thing you think of when you think of closet basics, but I think you will be happily surprised at the versatility of a cargo vest. The same goes for a rugged olive green parka. The layering possibilities are endless and the look is unexpected. These can be layered over long sleeves, or short sleeves (like in the photo). Depending on the time of year you can switch out the cargo for a denim vest (here, too), or a faux fur vest.
The Accessories:
- The Wide Belt: you can either belt the dress over the cargo vest (as seen here) or you can just belt the dress at your waist and layer the vest on top.
- Spiked Bracelet
- Sperry Top-Siders in a bright pink color
- Essie Nail Polish in Ole Caliente
- If you want to add more accessories you can try a chunky resin chain necklace, like this one from Tory Burch (featured above) or a fun bright watch like this one.
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder